itSMF Basic Characteristics
The itSMF® is the only truly independent and internationally-recognised forum for IT Service Management professionals worldwide. This not-for-profit organisation is a prominent player in the on-going development and promotion of IT Service Management “best practice”, standards and qualifications and has been since 1991.
As businesses depend more and more on technology to promote and deliver their products to market, so the benefits of adopting “best practice” IT Service Management and of becoming part of the IT Service Management Forum become more apparent.
The itSMF provides an accessible network of industry experts, information sources and events to help you and your staff address IT service management issues and help you achieve the delivery of high quality, consistent IT service internally and externally through the adoption of “best practice”.
Globally, the itSMF now boasts over 6000 member companies, blue chip and public sector alike, covering in excess of 70,000 individuals spread over 50+ Chapters.
Each chapter is a separate legal entity and is largely autonomous. There is a separate International entity that provides an overall steering and support function to existing and emerging chapters. It has its own website – itSMF International website.
To provide a forum for our membership to enable them to exchange views, share experiences and participate in the continuous development and promotion of best practice and standards, through a range of services that delivers significant value to their enterprises.
- Establish and maintain a membership base, covering the widest professional IT and business interests.
- Represent the interests and views of the membership base.
- Provide a forum for bringing together users, suppliers and other stakeholders of IT services and products.
- Support and influence and, where appropriate, produce and publish best practice standards and guidelines for IT service management, such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and emergent national and international Standards, e.g. ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 19770.
- Increase the level of professionalism within the industry through:
- Promotion and development of globally recognised qualifications.
- An “Institute” to which registered practitioners can belong.
- Develop a growing portfolio of services that deliver real benefit to the members.
- Recognise and reward individuals and organisations that make significant contributions to the advancement of best practice, Standards and professionalism in the IT Service Management field.
- Maintain financial viability.
- Increase the general awareness of IT Service Management.
Profile of itSMF Czech Republic
itSMF Czech Republic, non-for-profit organisation, fulfils its mission especially by:
- Operating own information website.
- Both operating its own special library and lending publications to members.
- Active participation on expert conferences and seminars
- Conducting workshops with its members, club evenings and regular annual conferences.
- Publishing information and news related to ITSM domain on its website and expert journals as well
- Issuing white papers, searches of expert publications and articles as well as by conducting researches
- Creation and maintenance of list of ITSM certified experts
- Creation and enforcement of Ethic code of a member of itSMF Czech Republic
- Maintaining of up-to-date list of members, their contact information and by mediate contacts both within the association and wider expert community
- Linking-up with other private, public utility and government subjects their activity is somehow related to the area of Informatics
How the itSMF Czech Republic works:
- According to articles the association is managed by Management Board that decides in all affairs which are not by articles reserved in force of general meeting.
- So called Extended Management Board involving Management Board members and committee chairs is the advisory crew to the Management Board.
- On the proposal of committee members the Management Board appoints committee chairs.
- Financial committee is of a unique position its powers are defined both by articles and by a document Principles of economy of the itSMF Czech Republic as well. This document was approved by the first general meeting of the association on October 26, 2006 and could be available for download in the Czech section of the association’s website.
- Chairs of committees organise and call a meeting as necessary.
- On the proposal of financial committee Management Board approves a certain financial amount of association’s funds which are reserved for activity of each individual committee. Usually, the amount is set for a period of one calendar year.
- Operational work is managed and operative matters are dealt by the Office.